Defined terms are used in these Terms for clarity and convenience. In addition to the terms defined herein, the terms below have the following meanings:
- “Contents” means all information, publications, texts, images, videos, features, functions, programs, services, and other materials available on or through the Website.
- “Personal Data” means all information that you provide to JF Hillebrand in connection with your use of the Website and that identifies, or may be used to identify, you personally, including, without limitation, your name, postal address, e-mail address, IP address, bank account details, credit card or telephone number.
- “JF Hillebrand” means JF HILLEBRAND GROUP AG, a German company having its registered office at 6 Carl Zeiss Straße, 55129 Mainz Hechtsheim, Germany, including its affiliates and subsidiaries.
Acceptance of Terms
These Terms are entered into between you and JF Hillebrand and govern your use of the Website. Please read these Terms carefully before using the Website. By using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not accept or agree to be bound by these Terms, then you may not use the Website.
Revision of Terms
JF Hillebrand may revise these Terms at any time in JF Hillebrand’s sole discretion. Such revisions will be effective immediately when posted and apply to all use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any revised Terms means that you accept and agree to be bound by such Terms. You are expected to review these Terms periodically and inform yourself of any revisions.
Access to Website
JF Hillebrand may discontinue or amend the Website at any time in JF Hillebrand’s sole discretion. JF Hillebrand may also withdraw, suspend, or restrict your access to all or parts of the Website at any time in JF Hillebrand’s sole discretion, with or without notice. JF Hillebrand shall not be liable if, for any reason, the Website is discontinued or amended or your access to the Website is withdrawn, suspended, or restricted.
The Website is intended solely for users who are 16 years of age or older. It is a violation of these Terms for anyone under 16 years of age to use the Website. By using the Website, you represent and warrant to JF Hillebrand that you are 16 years of age or older.
If you choose or are provided with a username, password, or other log-in information in connection with your use of the Website, then you must treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any other person or entity. You will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your log-in information and for any and all actions taken using such information. You must notify JF Hillebrand immediately of any unauthorized use of your log-in information. Such notifications must be sent to JF Hillebrand IT at IT@jfhillebrand.com.
The Website and the Contents are owned by JF Hillebrand and its licensors and are protected by certain patent, copyright, trademark, and trade-secret laws. Using the Website or the Contents in breach of these Terms may result in a violation of such laws. No right, title, or interest in or to the Website or the Contents is transferred to or acquired by you as a result of your use of the Website or the Contents.
You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, republish, download, store, or transmit any part of the Website or the Contents without the prior written consent of JF Hillebrand, except as follows:
- your computer and other electronic devices may temporarily store copies of the Website and the Contents in RAM incidental to your use of the Website and the Contents;
- you may store files that are automatically cached by your internet browser to enhance the display of the Website and the Contents;
- you may download and print one copy of the Website and the Contents for your own personal use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution;
- you may download applications from the Website to your computer and other electronic devices for your own personal use, provided you accept and agree to be bound by the applicable end-use license agreements; and
- you may enable your computer and other electronic devices to interact with social media features provided on the Website.
If you make a copy of the Website or the Contents, then you may not subsequently modify that copy or delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from that copy. If you use, copy, or modify the Website or the Contents in breach of these Terms, then: (i) your right to use the Website and the Contents will cease immediately; (ii) you must, at JF Hillebrand’s option, return or destroy any copies of the Website or the Contents that you have made; and (iii) you may be subject to civil and criminal penalties. If you wish to use the Website or the Contents other than as set forth in this Section, please contact Group Marketing and Communications at email@example.com.
Trademarks and Service Marks
The JF Hillebrand name(s), logo, and all related names, logos, and designs on the Website are among the trademarks and service marks owned by JF Hillebrand. You may not use such marks without the prior written consent of JF Hillebrand. If you wish to obtain such consent, please contact JF Hillebrand Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other trademarks and service marks on the Website are the property of their respective owner and may not be used without the prior written consent of such owner.
All copyrighted and copyrightable materials on the Website, including, without limitation, the Contents, are copyrighted, all rights reserved, by JF Hillebrand or its licensors. Except as set forth in these Terms, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, republish, download, store, or transmit such materials without the prior written consent of JF Hillebrand or its licensors. If you wish to obtain such consent, please contact Group Marketing and Communications at email@example.com.
JF Hillebrand respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that the Website or the Contents infringe on your or a third party’s intellectual property rights, then please notify JF Hillebrand Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org. It is the policy of JF Hillebrand to discontinue the accounts of users who repeatedly post infringing material.
You may only use the Website for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You may not use the Website:
- in any way that violates applicable laws, rules, or regulations;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with the content standards set forth herein;
- to transmit or cause to be transmitted any advertising or promotional material, including junk mail, spam, or similar solicitation;
- to impersonate or attempt to impersonate JF Hillebrand, a JF Hillebrand employee, or any other person or entity; or
- in any way that restricts or interferes with another party’s use or enjoyment of the Website or that, in JF Hillebrand’s sole discretion, may harm JF Hillebrand, the Website, or users of the Website.
You also agree not to:
- use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, software, or means to access, use, or copy the Website or the Contents;
- introduce any malicious software, including, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, to JF Hillebrand, the Website, or users of the Website;
- gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any part of the Website, the Contents, the server on which the Website is hosted, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website; or
- attack the Website with a direct or distributed denial-of-service (“DoS”) attack.
The Website may contain message boards and other interactive features, which allow users of the Website to post, publish, or transmit content or materials on or through the Website (collectively, “User Contributions”). All User Contributions must comply with the content standards set forth herein and will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing User Contributions, you grant to JF Hillebrand and its successors and assigns, a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, republish, download, store, and transmit to third parties such User Contributions for any lawful purpose. By providing User Contributions, you also represent and warrant to JF Hillebrand that: (i) you own or control all rights in and to such User Contributions and have the right to grant the foregoing license; and (ii) all such User Contributions comply with these Terms.
You are responsible for User Contributions that you provide, including the legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness of any such User Contributions. JF Hillebrand is not responsible or liable to any third party for the content of any User Contributions. JF Hillebrand cannot review all User Contributions before they are posted on the Website. Therefore, JF Hillebrand assumes no responsibility for any action or inaction regarding User Contributions.
User Contributions must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions may not:
- contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, profane, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- promote violence, harassment, or discrimination based on any grounds, including, without limitation, sex, race, gender, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, age, or sexual orientation;
- infringe any patent, trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property right;
- promote any illegal activity;
- involve contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions; or
- give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by JF Hillebrand.
Monitoring and Enforcement
JF Hillebrand may, at any time, in its sole discretion, and with or without notice:
- remove or refuse to post any User Contributions;
- take any action with respect to any User Contributions that JF Hillebrand deems necessary or appropriate, including, without limitation, referral to law enforcement authorities; and
- disclose your identity and certain Personal Data to any: (i) third party who claims that your User Contributions violate their legal rights; (ii) law enforcement authority that requests such information in connection with your User Contributions; or (iii) third party pursuant to a court order.
You hereby waive and hold JF Hillebrand harmless from any claims related to such removal, refusal, action, and disclosure.
You may link to the Website only if you do so in a way that:
- complies with these Terms;
- does not interfere with, damage, or disrupt the Website;
- does not portray JF Hillebrand or any of its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise defamatory manner; and
- does not suggest any association with, approval of, or endorsement by JF Hillebrand without its prior written consent.
The Website may also contain links to third-party sites. These links are provided for your convenience only and their inclusion does not imply any association with, approval of, or endorsement by JF Hillebrand, except as specifically stated. JF Hillebrand has no control over such sites and makes no representations or warranties about the functionality or contents of such sites. You use any such sites at your own risk and JF Hillebrand is not responsible for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such sites. Please be aware that when you leave the Website, these Terms no longer apply and you should review the terms and conditions applicable to the linked third-party site.
Reliance on Contents
The Contents are provided for general information purposes only. JF Hillebrand does not represent or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the Contents. Any reliance you place on the Contents is strictly at your own risk. JF Hillebrand disclaims all liability arising from any reliance placed on the Contents by you or anyone who may be informed of their content.
The Website may contain Contents provided by third-parties, including licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and reporting services. All statements provided in such Contents, other than those provided by JF Hillebrand, are solely the statements of the party providing them. Such statements do not necessarily reflect the opinion or position of JF Hillebrand. JF Hillebrand is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any Contents provided by third-parties.
Disclaimer of Warranties
JF Hillebrand does not represent, warrant, or guarantee that any file available for download from the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures to satisfy your particular requirements for virus, data, and privacy protection. You are also responsible for maintaining a means, other than the Website, to reconstruct any lost data. You also acknowledge that, in general, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure, private, or confidential. Therefore, you agree that any information that is sent to or received by the Website may be intercepted, decrypted, consulted, and used by third parties, even if the exchange of such information is encrypted.
JF Hillebrand shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, DoS attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer, device, programs, software, or data due to your use of the Website or any website linked to the Website. Your use of the Website and the Contents is at your own risk. The Website and the Contents are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE,” without any representations or warranties. JF Hillebrand hereby disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, related to the Website and the Contents, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for a particular purpose.
Neither JF Hillebrand nor anyone associated with JF Hillebrand represents or warrants that: (i) the Website or the Contents will be accurate, complete, useful, reliable, error-free, or interrupted; (ii) any defects on the Website will be corrected; or (iii) the server that hosts the Website will be available or free from viruses or other harmful components.
Limitation of Liability
Neither JF Hillebrand nor any of its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, assigns, licensors, insurers, or service providers shall be liable for any damages of any kind, under any legal theory, arising out of or in connection with your use or inability to use the Website, the Contents, or any website linked to the Website. JF Hillebrand hereby disclaims all direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, and punitive damages, including, without limitation, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, caused by your use or inability to use the Website, the Contents, or any website liked to the Website, even if such damages were foreseeable. The foregoing does not affect any liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You shall indemnify, defend, and hold JF Hillebrand, including its shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, assigns, licensors, insurers, and services providers, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses, or fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to your violation of these Terms or use of the Website, including, without limitation, your User Contributions and use of the Contents.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction, and Venue
These Terms are governed by the laws of Germany. Any conflict, controversy, or dispute regarding the Website, the Contents, or these Terms must be resolved in accordance with such laws and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Frankfurt, Germany. You hereby consent, irrevocably and unconditionally, to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Waiver and Severability
If any provision of these Terms is deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then it will be severed from these Terms and the legality, validity, and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected thereby. Any delay or failure to enforce any provision of these Terms will not constitute a waiver thereof or of any other provision.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and JF Hillebrand regarding the Website and the Contents and supersedes all prior agreements and understandings, whether oral or written, with respect thereto.
About JF Hillebrand
The JF Hillebrand Group operates a number of highly specialized logistics companies, each of which is a market leader in their respective sector. We take pride in being an innovative group, ever changing and adapting to the needs of the markets in which we operate. As well as offering first class logistics services, our companies also lead the way in the development of leading edge products, services and IT tools for the industries in which they operate.