Defined terms are used in this Policy for clarity and convenience. In addition to the terms defined herein, the terms below have the following meanings:
- “Cookies” means small data files that are placed on your computer or other electronic devices when you visit the Website.
- “Personal Data” means all information that you provide to JF Hillebrand in connection with your use of the Website and that identifies, or may be used to identify, you personally, including, without limitation, your name, postal address, e-mail address, IP address, bank account details, credit card or telephone number.
- “Plug-in” means a software component that adds a specific feature or functionality to the Website.
- “JF Hillebrand” means JF HILLEBRAND GROUP AG, a German company having its registered office at 6 Carl Zeiss Straße, 55129 Mainz Hechtsheim, Germany, including its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- “User Data” means all Personal Data about you as a user of the Website that is processed by JF Hillebrand without any action on your behalf, other than using the Website, including, without limitation, the date, time, and duration of your visit, the pages you viewed, and the searches you conducted.
Acceptance of Policy
This Policy governs the collection, storage, and processing of certain information, including Personal Data and User Data, in connection with your use of the Website. By using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not accept or agree to be bound by this Policy, then you may not use the Website.
Revision of Policy
This Policy is part of the Terms and may be revised at any time in JF Hillebrand’s sole discretion. Such revisions will be effective immediately when posted and apply to all use of the Website thereafter. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of any revised Policy means that you accept and agree to be bound by such Policy. You are expected to review this Policy periodically and inform yourself of any revisions.
Collection of Data
JF Hillebrand collects Personal Data only in response requests related to, or communications received through, the Website. For example, if you request access to certain content on the Website and provide your name and e-mail address to JF Hillebrand in connection with that request, then JF Hillebrand may collect, store, and process your name and e-mail address for the limited purpose of responding to that request. JF Hillebrand will not store or process any Personal Data for longer than is needed to respond to requests related to, or communications received through, the Website.
JF Hillebrand does not knowingly collect, use, or process Personal Data of users who are under 16 years of age. In fact, the Website is intended solely for users who are 16 years of age or older. If you believe that JF Hillebrand has collected, used, or processed Personal Data of any person who is under 16 years of age, please contact JF Hillebrand Legal at email@example.com.
JF Hillebrand also collects, stores, and processes User Data. User Data is collected each time you access the Website. User Data is collected automatically using your IP address, internet browser, and other log files. JF Hillebrand may collect, store, and process User Data without any action on your behalf, other than using the Website. For more information about the collection, use, and processing of User Data, please see Section 9 (Cookies).
Use of Data
JF Hillebrand may use and process Personal Data to:
- respond to requests related to the Website;
- respond to communications received through the Website;
- enforce JF Hillebrand’s rights and defend its interests; and
- provide information related to JF Hillebrand’s products and services, including sales, marketing, advertising, and promotional information.
JF Hillebrand may use and process User Data to:
- monitor use of the Website;
- improve the functionality of the Website;
- implement security measures associated with the Website;
- enforce JF Hillebrand’s rights and defend its interests; and
- facilitate the general administration of the Website.
Otherwise, JF Hillebrand will not use or process Personal Data without your prior written consent.
Disclosure of Data
JF Hillebrand may disclose Personal Data:
- to JF Hillebrand’s affiliated companies;
- to JF Hillebrand’s third-party service providers;
- to third parties in connection with a merger or acquisition;
- as required by applicable law, rule, regulation, or court order;
- as requested by governmental or administrative authorities; and
- as necessary to enforce its rights and defend its interests.
Otherwise, JF Hillebrand will not disclose, transfer, sell, rent, or trade any Personal Data without your prior written consent.
JF Hillebrand may disclose Personal Data pursuant to this Section to persons and entities located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). In case of transfer to third countries (outside the EEA) the EU Commission’s standard contracts will be used or a standard that ensures in another manner that the level of protection in the third country in respect of the personal data transferred equals the level of protection within the EEA.
JF Hillebrand understands the importance of your personal information and provides reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect Personal Data. These controls are designed to maintain the confidentiality of Personal Data and protect it from unauthorized access, improper use, and accidental loss. However, you acknowledge and agree that: (i) in general, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure, private, or confidential; and (ii) any information that is sent to or received by the Website may be intercepted, decrypted, consulted, and used by third parties, even if the exchange of such information is encrypted.
The Website uses several Plug-ins. When you visit a page on the Website that uses a Plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection to the server of the applicable third-party software platform (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) (“Platform”). The Platform then directly transfers the Plug-in content to your browser, which embeds such content in the Website. This process enables the Platform to receive information about your use of the Website. If you are a member of a Platform and logged into your Platform account, then your use of the Website may also be assigned to your Platform account. If you want to prevent such assignment, then please log off of your Platform account before using the Website. For further information regarding the privacy, protection, and processing of your Personal Data by Platforms, please consult their respective privacy statements.
The Website uses several Cookies. These Cookies are designed to, among other things, operate the Website, enhance your user experience, and collect User Data. You can find more information about Cookies at the following addresses: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
The main categories of Cookies are described below:
- “Necessary Cookies” are Cookies that are required for the Website to operate as intended by JF Hillebrand. Necessary Cookies do not identify you as an individual and, if you do not accept them, then some features of the Website may not function properly.
- “Analytical Cookies” are Cookies that help JF Hillebrand improve the Website by collecting User Data. Analytical Cookies do not identify you as an individual and all User Data that is collected by Analytical Cookies is aggregated and anonymous.
- “Functional Cookies” are Cookies that allow the Website to remember your choices about the Website, including things like your preferred language and geographic location. Functional Cookies may collect Personal Data and, if you do not accept them, then some features of the Website may not function properly and your use of the Website may be limited.
- “Targeting Cookies” are Cookies that deliver content to you based on your interests, which are assumed from your browsing history. Most Targeting Cookies track users via their IP address and, thus, may collect some Personal Data. Personal Data collected by Targeting Cookies may be shared with third-parties, such as advertisers.
The main types of Cookies are also described below:
- “Session Cookies” are temporary Cookies that remain in your browser’s Cookie file only for the duration of your visit to the Website and are deleted when your browser is closed.
- “Persistent Cookies” are Cookies that remain in your browser’s Cookie file after your browser is closed, sometimes for more than a year. Persistent Cookies are often used to remember your choices about the Website, including things like your preferred language and geographic location.
Please find a summary of the main Cookies that are used on the Website below:
||The Website uses two main functional cookies. These cookies allow the Website to remember your preferred language and whether you have accepted the Terms and this Policy. JF Hillebrand administers these cookies internally.
||The Website uses a suite of analytical cookies provided by Google. These cookies allow JF Hillebrand to monitor use of the Website and tailor its marketing activities. You may opt out of the use of these cookies at the following address: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
At this time, the Website does not use Targeting Cookies or respond to “do not track” requests that may be sent by your web browser. If JF Hillebrand incorporates Targeting Cookies into the Website, then this Policy will be updated and a notice will be published on the Website.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about this Policy, then please contact JF Hillebrand Legal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such comments, questions, or concerns include exercising your rights to:
- review a copy of your Personal Data;
- have your Personal Data updated or corrected;
- have your Personal Data deleted; or
- object to the processing of your Personal Data